Reading for pleasure unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Here’s what you can do to help children develop stronger reading skills and a love
- Set the example. Let children see you read.
- Have a collection of books in your home. Update this collection routinely to keep pace
with changing tastes and reading skills.
- Support our school’s Book Fair. Allow your children to choose their own books
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings the books kids want to read right into our school. It’s a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
- Book Fair dates: October 8 – 13, 2016
- Shopping hours: open after all weekend masses
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday
- Book Fair will be open during Special Person’s night Monday October 10
- Book Fair will be open Wednesday October 12 from 6:00- 8:00 p.m.
If you are unable to attend the Fair in person, we invite you to visit our online Book Fair at scholastic.com/fair. Our online Fair is available from October 5 – October 20.
We look forward to seeing you and your family at our Book Fair! Remember, all purchases benefit our school library.