November 5, 2016
Adams Pointe Conference Center
1400 NE Coronado Dr.
Blue Springs, MO 64014
The tradition continues…
The 18th Annual St. John LaLande’s Holiday Auction will be November 5, 2016. The theme of the auction this year is The Future is Bright! We are reminded in the Gospel according to Matthew 5:14 “you are the light of the world.” During this auction season let us be reminded to lead by example and let our little lights shine bright. And encourage our children to do the same!
Our auction is the single largest fundraising event to benefit St. John Lalande Catholic School students. Our event provides the financial support needed to drive academic excellence, thereby aiding our students in the goal of becoming future leaders of this community.
Each year we work diligently to bring together parents, parishioners, alumni, friends and faculty for this event of fellowship, dinner, competitive bidding and entertainment.
The success of our auction is based on generous donations and people giving throughout the evening. We would not be able to do this without the support of our families, communities and friends.
Donations made in preparation of the evening or items/services donated for the event are tax deductible.
We look forward to seeing you at the Auction!
- Contact us at email@example.com
- Book a hotel room: Click HERE to book your room or call the hotel directly at 816-228-8100 and reference the St. John LaLande Auction
Schedule of Events:
- 5:30 pm Silent Auction Opens
- 6:00 pm Cocktail Hour (with hors d’oeuvres)
- 7:15 pm Prayer and dinner is served
- 8:30 pm Live auction begins
- 9:30 pm Dancing and after party
- Thank you to all our 2016 Holiday Auction Sponsors and Donors. Email us to get more information about how you can become a Sponsor or help get Sponsors.
Get Your Event Tickets:
- Dinner Only – $35:
- Includes dinner, tea, water and entertainment. Cash bar is available for soda and alcohol.
- SJL Souvenir Drink Cup – $40:
- Cup includes unlimited drinks of soda, well drinks and keg beer.
- Dinner & Souvenir Cup – $75:
- Includes dinner, tea, water, entertainment and unlimited drinks (soda, well drinks and keg beer)
- Domestic and Imported Cheese
- Fruits and Berries
- Fresh Vegetables
- Breads, Crackers and Dip
- Spinach with mandarin oranges, slivered almonds, shaved red onion and sweet poppy dressing
- Carved Tri tip of beef with red wine reduction
- Petite herb crusted salmon
- Garlic mashed potatoes
- Steamed vegetables
- Chocolate layer cake
- Carrot Cake
- Go HERE
- Add First and Last Name
- Add Email Address
- Enter your home phone number
- Select your preferred Notification Method (Email)
- Enter a password of your choosing
- Click “Create CAS Account”
- Once you receive the confirmation that your registration was successful, *Click on “Pay” from the top menu
- Click “Add Credit Card”
- Enter your email address, card number, expiration date and security code *Click “Authorize”
You are now ready to browse the auction items and place bids!
- When an Auction category closes, you will receive an email message indicating you have won something. Your items will automatically be charged to your card on file. From the PAY menu, Click “View Receipt” to view your winnings.
- Pick up your items the night of the auction or contact the St. John LaLande School office at 816.228.5895 to arrange for item pickup November 7—11, 2016.
Fund A Need:
- Our “Fund-A-Need” effort began at the 2004 St. John LaLande Holiday Auction. We have raised over $153,262 in the last eleven years! Thank you for your continued support!
- This year our Fund A Need is focused on S.T.E.M. education. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) We have proudly joined Project Lead the Way as a part of this initiative. Project Lead the Way is a technology and engineering curriculum appropriate for Kindergarten through 8th grade. We will be piloting Project Lead the Way in our 4th and 5th grade classrooms in the 2016-2017 school year under the leadership of Mr. Adam Stevens and expanding our S.T.E.M. offerings throughout the curriculum. The initial cost of Project Lead the Way including classroom materials and teacher training is approximately $7500.
- The second part of our S.T.E.M. initiative is the development of a robotics program for our middle school students which we plan to expand into the intermediate and primary grades. The program will begin as an extra-curricular offering. This phase is estimated to cost approximately $2500.
- Part III of our proposed Fund A Need is the expansion of our library resources to include software and books (as well as magazines and journals) to support science, technology, engineering, and math curriculum in grades K-8.
- American Stereo
- Performance painter Mike Debus
- And more!