Save the Date for COMPASS!
Saint John Lalande’s 19th Annual Auction
November 11, 2017
St. Michael the Archangel High School
2901 NW Lee’s Summit Rd.
Lee’s Summit, MO 64064
The 19th Annual St. John LaLande’s Holiday Auction will be November 11, 2017. Our auction is the single largest fundraising event to benefit St. John Lalande Catholic School students. Our event provides the financial support needed to drive academic excellence, thereby aiding our students in the goal of becoming future leaders of this community.
Each year we work diligently to bring together parents, parishioners, alumni, friends and faculty for this event of fellowship, dinner, competitive bidding and entertainment.
The success of our auction is based on generous donations and people giving throughout the evening. We would not be able to do this without the support of our families, communities and friends.
Donations made in preparation of the evening or items/services donated for the event are tax deductible.
We look forward to seeing you at the Auction!
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book a hotel room: Looking for a hotel for the night of the auction? The Best Western Plus in Lee’s Summit, behind Summit Grill, is offering a discount rate for a hotel stay for a room on the SJL Auction night, November 11. Price is $75 a room!Rooms are: 2 double beds or 1 king bed. They serve breakfast too! To make your reservation, call 816-795-6400. Make sure to mention St. John LaLande and November 11. You have until October 27, 2017 to make reservations within this group.
Get Your Event Tickets:
*You may purchase your tickets in the school office.
- $775.00-Reserved table for 10. Includes table gift, dinner buffet, tea, water, coffee, and souvenir cup with unlimited alcoholic drinks.
Dinner & Souvenir Cup
$65.00-Includes dinner buffet, tea, water, coffee, and unlimited alcoholic drinks. $75 at the door.
- $32.00-Includes dinner buffet, tea, water and coffee. Cash bar is available for alcohol. Dinner ticket at the door is $42.
- $35.00-Cup includes unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Cup at the door is $40.
- $2.00 – Pre-purchase your raffle tickets for a chance to win a $1000 gift card to Hy-Vee.
- $10.00-Pre-purchase your raffle tickets for a chance to win a $1000 gift card to Hy-Vee.
- $20.00- Pre-purchase your raffle tickets for a chance to win a $1000 gift card to Hy-Vee.
HOW TO REGISTER AND Bid WITH CASBid! MOBILE
EVENT LINK: https://casbid.com/stjohnlalande
- On your mobile phone, enter the Event Link above into your browser or click on the link above.
- If you registered previously and have forgotten your password, select “Forgot Password” near the bottom left when logging into the site.
- If Registering for the first time
- Add First and Last Name
- Add Email Address
- Enter your mobile phone number that you plan to bring to the event
- Select your preferred Notification Method (default is Email and Text)
- Enter a password of your choosing
- Click “Create CAS Account”
- Once you receive the confirmation that your registration was successful, click on “CART” from the top menu.
- Click “Add Credit Card”
- Enter your email address, card number, and expiration date and security code.
- Click “Authorize”.
You are now ready to browse the mobile site and place bids!
- After you have registered and placed a credit card on your account you are ready to bid.
- Select “ITEMS” from the top menu to view the auction categories
- Select the category you wish, then click on the item you wish to place a bid on.
- In the Bid Amount box, the current incremental bid is displayed.
- Click “Place Bid” and Confirm.
- You can also enter a MAX BID amount. Click on “Place Max Bid” and enter the Maximum amount you would pay for this item, Click “Place Max Bid” again, and then confirm. The system will place auto-bids for you up to the maximum amount.
- Watch your text messages for out-bid notices and winnings!
- When an Auction category closes, you will receive a text message indicating you have won something. Your items will automatically be charged to your card on file. From the CART menu, Click “View Receipt” to view your winnings.
- At end of event, you can proceed to silent auction area to collect your items by showing your paid receipt sent to your mobile device or email to the volunteer.
- Chips & Salsa
- Caesar Salad
- Mini Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
- Penne Pasta in Marinara Sauce
- Cavatappi Pasta in Garlic Cream Sauce
- Sliced Italian Bread & Butter
- Mini Soft Shell Tacos
- Seasoned Ground Beef
- Seasoned Shredded Chicken
- Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa
- Spanish Rice
- Slider Buns
- Pulled Pork
- Pulled Chicken
- Creamy Cole Slaw
- Sliced Pickles
- BBQ Sauce
- Variety of Desserts Featuring Signature Cake by Little e Cakes
Schedule of Events:
- 5:00pm-5:30pm: St. Michael the Archangel School Tour led by SMA students.
- 5:30pm: Silent Auction Opens with Drinks, Appetizers, and Games
- 6:00pm: Buffet Stations Open with Prayer from Father Ron
- 7:30pm: Heads or Tails in Gym
- 8:00pm: LIVE Auction Begins
St. John LaLande’s “Fund-A-Need” effort began in 2004 and has continued to help our school raise additional funds for specific needs over the years. We have raised over $153,262 in the last thirteen years! It is through the continued generous support of people like you that make this possible!
This year, our Fund-A-Need is centered around three (3) areas within the school and monies raised will be spent in this order:
1. EDUCATION ENDOWMENT FUND– Goal is $10,000, which will be matched by a one-time donation from the Diocese of Kansas City/St. Joseph to our Educational Endowment Fund. This could result in a net deposit of $20,000! The interest from the endowment is available to us each year to support on-going projects.
2. INCREASED GYM SECURITY– Goal is $7,000, which will provide new doors between the gym and cafeteria entrance. After the school’s last security review, the Blue Springs police department recommended the installation of new doors that can be locked.
3. BAND PROGRAM ENHANCEMENTS– Goal is $4,000, which will provide our band program with new instruments for our students. These are instruments that are generally too expensive for individual students to rent and they would like to have available.
RAISE THOSE PADDLES AND HELP US REACH OUR GOAL OF $21,000!
- Thank you to all our 2017 Auction Sponsors and Donors. Email us to get more information about how you can become a Sponsor or help get Sponsors.
2017 Sponsors & Donors:
- State Farm- Cliff Barr
- Country Meadows Apt. & Duplexes
- Huttinger Construction
- Twin Lakes Insurance Agency
- McDermott Moving Co
- Barton Hall & Schneiders
- Tacos El Gallo
- Midwest Auto Services
- Cavanaugh Pet Hospital
- Whiskey Tango
- MD Designs