The Saint John LaLande Home and School Association (fondly known as H&SA) realizes the importance of parental support and guidance for growth of the students and the school. As parents, we are all members of this association and participation is greatly appreciated.
- To reinforce sound moral and ethical values, and Catholic ideals in the students of St. John LaLande School, both at home and at school.
- To encourage the exchange of ideas and the sharing of goals among parents, guardians, and school faculty/administration.
- To raise funds for the benefit of the school, its students, and its programs.
- To promote the understanding and support of Catholic Education to all segments of the community.
- To coordinate volunteers to serve the school community with the above objectives in mind.
Please contact the H&SA via email at email@example.com or by leaving a note at the school office.
Voluntary Board Members
| Mrs. Annie Ogilvie, H&SA Administrator
Mrs. Trish Totta, President
Mrs. Tina Brewer, Vice President
Mrs. Jullie Beachler,Secretary
Mrs. Jill Pace, Co-Secretary
Mrs. Sherry Pratt, Treasurer
Meetings are held on the last Wednesday of the month at 6:30 pm. Location may vary.
SUPPORTING VOLUNTEER ROLES
We welcome you to join as an Ambassador or Lead Room Parent.
- Attend the monthly H&SA meeting
- Present to the H&SA committee the needs of their grade level.
- Support the grade level Lead Room Parent on the three designated classroom parties – Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day.
- Plan and organize the event assigned to your grade level, with the support of H&SA and school families.
Kindergarten Ambassador: Fall Parent/Teacher Conference Lunch for teachers
1st Grade Ambassador: First Communion Tea for 2nd graders
2nd Grade Ambassador: Breakfast with St. Nick
3rd Grade Ambassador: Field Day
4th Grade Ambassador: D.A.R.E
5th Grade Ambassador: Field Day
6th Grade Ambassador: Kindergarten Graduation
7th Grade Ambassador: 8th Grade Graduation
8th Grade Ambassador: Special Person’s Day
Lead Room Parent Responsibilities:
- Plan and organize the classroom Halloween, Christmas and Valentine’s Day parties with the help of other parents in their classroom.
- Coordinate with the teacher to schedule and provide assistance with grading, making copies, helping with special projects, preparing class materials, etc.
- Communicate with and support the H&SA grade level Ambassador.
In addition to the above, H&SA is also responsible for the following fundraisers: Spirit Gear, Trash Bags, SCRIP and The Viking Run. Please contact a member of our H&SA Board with any questions.
An example of some of the fundraising needs, are as follows: staff appreciation days, provide each grade with a special gift (e.g. bibles for 5th grade); purchase and assemble Kindergarten screening packets along with other great opportunities as funds become available.
Other ways you can help: send in Box Tops for Education, Campbell’s Soup labels; used ink cartridges and/or cell phone batteries for recycling and the purchase of Scrip.